If you work in the government or private sectors, you must know about the UAN number. The UAN (Universal Account Number) is introduced by EPOF ( Employer Provident Fund Organization ) in 2014. The UAN number has been brought in so that PF shareholders can easily view their PF account details anywhere and attach their various PF accounts to the same UAN number. The shareholders themselves can do any work related to their PF account. But when we forget the UAN number, then there is a big problem. Without the UAN number, you will not be able to do any work related to your PF account. In this article, we have explained all the details about How to Recover Forgot UAN Number Online.
EPFO has provided a great facility for PF holders. PF holders can make online PF withdrawal, online PF transfer, KYC (KYC) updates, UAN card, PF passbook, and many other online works through UAN.
Whenever you change your job, your member ID changes every time, but it never changes once you get the UAN number. Once the UAN number allotted to you never changes, no matter how many jobs you change. But what if I forget my UAN number? If you have also forgotten your UAN number, then there is nothing to worry about. You can always Recover Your Forgot UAN Number from UAN Portal.
Recover Forgot UAN Number from UAN Portal Online
- First of all, Open your browser and visit the Official EPFO Website.
- Now click on Know Your UAN below the Important Link section in the right corner of the webpage.
- Now a new page will open in your browser. Here you have to fill in your Registered Mobile Number and Captcha and then click on request OTP.
- Now the next page, which will open there, different options will be given to know the UAN number. You can Use Your Member ID, Pan Card Number, or Aadhar Number. Fill in all the Details Like Your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Captcha.
- Now Click on Show My UAN.
- Your UAN number will come on a new page in front of you, and you can save a screenshot or write it in a safe place.
Recover Forgot UAN Number By Giving Missed Call On 01122901406
If you have a registered mobile number in EPFO, you can make a missed call to this number 011-22901406. A few seconds after making a missed call, your mobile message will receive your UAN number.
Recover Forgot UAN Number By Sending an SMS To 7738299899
- Open the message application on your mobile and create a new SMS.
- Type in it EPFOHO UAN ENG and send this message to 7738299899.
- To send this SMS, a valid plan must be activated in your SIM. After sending an SMS in few seconds, you will get a message along with your UAN number.
Find UAN Through Payment Slip
Many payment slips contain information like PF Number, ESI Number, and UAN Number. For this, you can check in your payment slip. If you get your UAN number in it, then very good. Otherwise, you can try the above methods.
In this article, we told you how you could recover the forgotten UAN number. I mentioned all the working ways that will help you to know your UAN number easily. I hope we have cleared all your queries related to Forgot UAN Number. If you have any doubts, then feel free to write them down in the comment section.