SBI Bank is one of the largest banks in India, which provides excellent service to their account holders. State Bank of India provides a huge number of services to its customers, such as Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, SMS Banking, Missed Call Banking, etc. SBI Bank provides so many services to the account holder that people availing of these services do not need to go to the bank to do any related work. Some of them are services that the account holder needs to know the CIF number of their account to take advantage of. In this article, I have explained How to get the SBI CIF number online and offline.
What Is CIF Number? Full-Form Of CIF Number In SBI
The full form of the CIF number is the Customer Information File Number. A Customer Information File [ CIF ] is a virtual file in which all personal and banking details of the account holder are stored. This file has a unique number called a CIF number. This number is unique for every customer. The CIF number is significant for the bank of any bank account holder because, with the help of this number, the bank finds out the name, account type, balance, account transactions, loan details, and KYC information of that account holder.
The CIF number of a customer of any bank is unique, and each customer is assigned only one unique CIF, i.e., if you have more than one account in the same bank. Yet, all your accounts will have the same CIF number, and all account information will be linked to the same CIF number only.
When We Need CIF Number SBI?
When you need to transfer your SBI account from one branch to another branch, then you must know the CIF number of your SBI account. This is the only service where you need your SBI CIF number.
Must Read: How To Change Address In SBI Account
You can find the CIF number of your SBI bank both online and offline. We will know both ways here step by step.
Required Things To Get Your CIF Number SBI Online and Offline
To know your CIF number of SBI bank account, you need some things we have mentioned below.
For Online Method:
- Internet Banking Username & Password
- Registered Mobile In Bank
- Active Internet Connection
For Offline Method:
- Your Bank Account Passbook
- Registered Mobile Number
- Active Recharge Plan To Make Call
How To Get SBI CIF Number online?
There are many ways to get the CIF number of your SBI bank account online. We will see some of these easy ways we will go into detail:
- SBI Internet Banking
- Using Yono SBI Lite App
Now, we will see each method in detail.
Method 1: How To Get CIF Number Of SBI Using Internet Banking
1. First of all, You need to open the link given below on your phone/computer: https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm
2. Now, Login into internet banking using your SBI Username and Password.
3. After login, Click on the ‘Account Statements’ option from the left side menu.
4. On the new screen, select the account number and account statement start date and end date and click on Submit button.
5. The CIF number of your account will appear on your account statement.
In this way, you can easily find out your SBI CIF number using internet banking.
Method 2: How To Get SBI CIF Number Using Yono SBI Lite App
1. First of all, you need to download and install the Yono SBI Lite application on your phone from the play store or apple store.
2. After installing the application, open it, and if you are a first-time user of this app, register using your SBI internet banking credential.
3. Close the app, open it again after registration, and log into the Yono SBI app.
4. Now, You can see the ‘Services’ option on the homepage of the application.
5. On the new page, click on ‘Online Nomination.’
6. Now, select your account type and account number.
7. You can now see your CIF number on the screen. Note down this CIF number and close the app carefully.
In this way, You can find out your SBI CIF number using the Yono SBI Lite application.
Offline Methods To Get CIF Number Of SBI
There are 2 methods to get your CIF Number SBI. Below I am going to explain these 2 methods in detail.
- By Calling Customer Care
- Using SBI Bank Passbook
Method 1: Get Your State Bank Of India CIF Number By Calling To Customer Care
This is also an easy way to know your CIF number. All you have to do is call the SBI customer care number and ask them about your CIF number. State Bank of India customer care executives will verify your account and provide information about your CIF number in no time.
Method 2: Find Your CIF Number On Your SBI Bank Passbook
You can find the CIF number of your account in your SBI Bank Passbook. Take the passbook of your bank, and as you see in the below image, the CIF number is given just before the account number on the front page of the SBI passbook.
In this way, you can find your CIF code in the passbook of any bank. However, the CIF code is not printed on some bank passbooks.
You May Like To Read: How To Get SBI Passbook Online
FAQ’s About SBI CIF Number
How can I find my SBI CIF number?
You can find your SBI CIF Number in several ways. You can get your CIF number written at the bottom of the first page of your passbook. Rather than you can find CIF number by calling customer care or you can find it using Internet banking and YONO SBI. We have explained all these methods already in the post.
How can I get my SBI CIF number without passbook?
What is CIF Number in SBI?
The full form of the CIF number is the Customer Information File Number. A Customer Information File [ CIF ] is a virtual file in which all personal and banking details of the account holder are stored. This file has a unique number called a CIF number.
For some important tasks, we need to know the CIF number of our bank account. In this post, we have explained 4 ways to find the SBI Bank CIF number, out of which you can find the CIF number online using 2 methods and, you can find offline CIF numbers using 2 methods. If you have any queries/doubts regarding this post, you can ask in the comment section below.