Hello, Welcome to NeedBankHelp.com. As you may know, the State Bank of India is the largest bank in the country. This is a bank that provides excellent service by keeping the special care of its customers. If you have an account with State Bank of India or you are a new customer of State Bank of India, then you should know How To Activate SBI Debit Card.
In previous days State Bank of India used to send PIN along with the physical debit card to the address of its customers. But nowadays, they only send a debit card to the customer’s address. The customer has to generate the PIN by himself and activate SBI debit card.
It is very important to have a debit card / ATM card in this digital world. In recent times, digital transactions have increased a lot. If we do not have a debit card / ATM card, we may have to face many problems. You need ATM for using Apps like Online Shopping, Money Transfer, Mobile Recharge, Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, Bhim, etc.
So you should know How To Activate SBI Debit Card so that you can easily use the ATM offered by the bank. A few days after opening an account with the State Bank of India, your SBI debit card will come to your address via post. After getting SBI Debit Card, you have to create its PIN, and you have to activate the SBI Debit Card.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card Step By Step Process
State Bank of India offers different options to Activate SBI Debit Card / Activate SBI ATM Card to its customers, which is very easy. If you are a new State Bank of India account holder, you may don’t know how to activate it. So we have told step by step process here to make your work easier.
There are 4 ways to activate SBI Debit Card :
- By Calling To SBI Debit Card Activation Number
- Through ATM
- By Sending SMS Through Registered Mobile Number
- Using Internet banking
So let’s understand each process in detail…
A) Activate Debit Card Through IVR :
This is a straightforward way to Activate SBI Debit Card. You have to call on the toll-free number of SBI and follow the procedure I have given below.
- Call on 18004253800 or 1800112211 from your registered mobile number.
- After the call is connected to the State Bank of India, You will be asked to enter the ATM card number and then your account number.
- You will receive a 4 digit ATM PIN on your registered mobile number through SMS.
- Now you have to go to the nearest SBI ATM to set your desired PIN.
- Insert your card into ATM and enter the pin you have received in your mobile number.
- Now follow the instructions given on the ATM screen to change your pin. Your card will be ready to use.
B) Activate SBI Debit Card By Going ATM :
If you do not want to activate the SBI Debit Card from the above process, you can follow this second method.
- First of all, You need to visit your nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your debit card into ATM. When you insert your SBI Debit Card for the first time in the ATM, you will get an option to generate the PIN.
- Enter your SBI Bank Account Number and Registered Mobile Number.
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP in the ATM and Set your desired pin.
Must Read : How To Get SBI Passbook Online [Quick Way]
C) Activate Debit Card Through SMS :
If you are not able to activate the debit card from both the above-mentioned processes, then now I am going to share the easiest way to Activate SBI ATM Card.
- Open your message box on your mobile and type the below message.
- Type PIN <space> Last 4 digits of Debit Card <space> Last 4 Digit Of Bank Account Number.
- Now send this SMS to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- After sending an SMS, you will receive 4 digit code on your registered mobile number. This code will be valid for 24 hours.
- Now go to the nearest SBI ATM and Insert your card. You will be asked to enter the PIN. Enter the pin you have received in your registered mobile number.
- Now you can change your pin, and your SBI Debit Card will be ready to use.
D) Activate Debit Card Through Internet Banking :
If you already have an account with SBI and you have internet banking. Or you had also applied for internet banking while opening a new account, and you have received your username, password, then this process will be very easy for you to activate a new SBI Debit Card.
- First of all, you need to open SBI official website in your mobile browser or on a desktop browser: https://onlinesbi.com
- Now click on the Login button in the Personal Banking section.
- Click on Continue to Login button.
- Now enter your Username, Password, enter the captcha and click on Login.
- Go to e-Services > ATM Card Services > ATM Pin Generation.
- Use your profile password or OTP to get authenticated. [You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number].
- Now select the account number and debit card to activate it.
- Enter the first 2 digits of the PIN as per your choice. Then click on submit.
- On the next screen enter the first 2 digits created by you followed by 2 digits sent to your registered mobile number through SMS.
- Well done. These 4 digits will be your pin for your new sbi debit card.
Follow these tips to avoid online banking fraud:
- Avoid hacker’s calls or emails.
- Keep Net Banking PIN and passwords secret.
- Change password periodically.
- Don’t share bank details over the phone.
- Do not use public computers for online banking.
- Do not click on links embedded in emails or text messages.
- Report lost card immediately.
In this post, we have seen 4 easy ways to Activate SBI Debit Card. You can activate your new debit card by sitting at home by following the given methods. Also, we have seen 7 tips to avoid online banking frauds. Follow each method carefully to avoid errors. I hope this post will help you to Activate SBI Debit Card.